- Focuses on process and practices in an organizational context—considers all of the moving parts—people, process and technology.
- Includes templates, guidelines and metrics to jump start quality initiatives and progress organizational maturity in a continuous improvement environment.
- Excellent and comprehensive text book, ideal for collegiate Information Technology courses.
- Never-before-published theory of the three-legged stool of IT business value.
- Best practice techniques for organizational change management, requirements elicitation and analysis, system design, test-driven development, quality assurance and continuous improvement and much, much more…
- Handy Desk Reference places all of the SDLC’s most critical processes, checklists and artifacts at your fingertips.
- Companion CD with over 60Mb of information which include templates, white papers, guidelines, checklists and studies contributed by many companies, scientists and academicians
- Saves money. Consultants could easily cost upwards of $500,000 USD to deliver what this book does!
- Consistently deliver systems that meet and/or exceed customers’ expectations
- Increase IT’s business value by producing products that are stable, maintainable and have fewer defects
- Ensure key deliverables are consistent and adaptable based on project size
- Enhance compliance/conformance initiatives with best practice auditing and review processes
- Enhance communications both internally and with your business users and customers
- Practical, easy to implement metrics to realize your continuous improvement cycle